Shiitake mushroom is one of the most used fungi in Japan. Because of its rich nutrition, fragrance and taste, it is known as "the king of mushrooms" and "the crown of vegetables". Shiitake has the nutritional characteristics of high protein, low fat, polysaccharide, multiple amino acids and vitamins. Dried shiitake has the feature of low water content, long storage time and convenient use. After soaking and cleaning, they can be used for frying, making soup stock and cold mixing. Each of them has been carefully selected and its diameter is between 3-5cm.
Yutaka Dried Shiitake Mushrooms, rich and earthy, are great for adding "umami", the fifth basic savoury taste, to your Japanese cooking. Umami draws out the real flavours of other ingredients and adds depth and complexity to your cooking. You can get the great umami flavour from the Shiitake Mushrooms alone, but also try combining them with Yutaka Katuso bushi or Yutaka Dashi Kombu to enhance your meal and get the full "umami synergistic effect".
This product is free from any allergens.
Store in a Cool, Dry place
Typical values per 100g: Energy: 886kj / 211kcal, Fat: 1.5g, of which saturates: <0g, Carbohydrates: 30g, of which sugars: 1g, Protein: 23g, Salt: 0g
Dried Shiitake Mushrooms 100%
1. Rinse and soak the Yutaka dried shiitake mushrooms in water for 1 hour (If you leave 3-5 hours, you get better result. If you use boiling water, soak for 30 - 40 minutes with lid to simmer) 2. Remove any hard stems and cut as you desire. 3. Cook with stir-fries, soups, pasta, risotto or any Asian dishes. You can also use the Umami dashi stock (= water that the mushrooms are soaked in) to add rich and earthy depth to your dishes.
Features & details
- Exotic oriental mushrooms
- Rich & earthy natural umami
- Soak in water for at least 1 hour (or in boiling water for 30-40 minutes), cut as you desire and cook with stir-fries, soups, pasta, risotto or any Asian dishes
- The water you use to soak the mushrooms becomes Umami Dashi stock and can be used to add rich and earthy depth to your dishes
|Product Dimensions||16 x 6 x 25 cm; 30 Grams|
|Item model number||YTK247|
|Product Name||Yutaka Dried Shiitake Mushrooms 30g|
|Storage Instructions||Store in a cool, dry place. Once opened keep bag sealed and use within 2 weeks.|
|Manufacturer contact||Tazaki Foods Ltd., 12 Innova Way, Enfield, EN3 7FL, UK.|
|Country of origin||China|
|Speciality||Gluten Free, Suitable for vegans, Suitable for Vegetarians|
|Manufacturer||Tazaki Foods Ltd|
|Serving Size||15 Grams|
|Energy (kcal)||211.75 kcal|
|- Saturates||trace Grams|
|- Sugars||1 Grams|