Shan Bombay Biryani mix helps you recreate the authentic traditional taste of Bombay Biryani which is a true legacy of the sub-continental cuisine.
60g Serving Suggestion
|% Daily Value*|
|Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.|
- Red Chili
- Green Cardamom
- Fenugreek Leaves
- Dried Mango Powder
- Black Pepper
- Acid: Citric Acid
No Artificial Food Color
- May contain traces of Sulphite, Sesame, Mustard, Gluten and Tree N
AS PER 60 GRAM
Meat on Bones 1 kg / 2.2 lbssmall portions
Rice, Basmati 750g / 3 ½ cupswashed & soaked
Onions 300g / 3 mediumfinely sliced
Tomatoes 300g / 3-4 mediumdiced
Potatoes 250g / 2 mediumpeeled and quartered
Garlic Paste 2 tablespoons
Ginger Paste 2 tablespoons
Yogurt, Plain 200g / 1 cupwhipped
Cooking Oil 175ml /1 cup
Shan Special Bombay Biryani Mix 1 packetmix in ½ cup water
STEPS OF COOKING
- Fry onions in hot oil until golden. Add tomatoes and fry until oil separates.
- Add meat, garlic paste, ginger paste, yogurt, potatoes and Shan Special Bombay Biryani Mix. Stir fry for 10 minutes. Add water (Beef/Lamb 4 cups, Chicken 2 cups). Cover and cook on low heat until meat is tender. Then increase heat and stir fry until oil separates from gravy.
- Separately: In 15 cups / 3 liters of boiling water, stir in tablespoons of Shan Salt and soaked rice. Boil rice until ¾ cooked. Remove and drain thoroughly.
- Spread half rice in pot and pour meat curry. Top with remaining rice. Cover pot and cook on low heat until rice is fully cooked (5-10 minutes). Mix before serving. Tips: For meat, use breast, ribs & shoulder cuts.