Shan Pilau Biryani Mix has a perfect blend of rich and aromatic spices which helps you in preparing the perfect twist of Biryani and Pilau for an appetizing and flavorful treat.
50g Serving Suggestion
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat||0 g||0%|
|Total Carbohydrate||3 g||1%|
|Dietary Fibre||1 g||4%|
- Bay Leaf
- Green Cardamom
- Red Chilli
- Hydrolyzed Soy Protein
- Canola Oil
- Natural Food Flavor
- Silicon Dioxide
- May contain traces of Sulphite, Sesame, Mustard and Tree N
AS PER 50 GRAM
Meat on Bones 1 KG/2.2 lbssmall portions
Rice Basmati 3 ½ cups / 750 gwashed and soaked
Garlic Paste 1-2 table spoons
Ginger Paste 1-2 table spoons
Onion 1 small / 750gfinely sliced
Plain Yogurt 1 cup / 200gwhipped
Cooking Oil 1 cup175ml
Yellow Food Color ¼ teaspoon (optional)
Shan Pilau Biryani Mix 1 packet
STEPS OF COOKING
- Add meat and garlic paste, ginger paste, Shan Pilau Biryani Mix and water (Beef/Goat/Lamb 2 cups, Chicken 1 cup). Cover and cook on low heat until meat is tender (about 1 cup of stock should remain in the pot).
- Stir-in yogurt and keep aside.
- Separately: in 15 cups / 3 liters of boiling water, stir in 2 table spoons of Shan Salt and soaked rice. Boil rice until ¾ cooked. Remove and drain thoroughly.
- Spread half rice in a pot and pour meat curry over it. Top with remaining rice. Sprinkle food color if desired.
- Heat oil and fry onion until golden and pour evenly over rice. Cover and cook on low heat until rice is tender (5-10 minutes). Mix before serving.
Tips: Use long grain old basmati rice. Beginners must use Parboiled / ‘Sayla’ rice.
Meat: Use Breast and Shoulder cuts.