Shan Karahi Mix helps you prepare delicious and mouthwatering traditional Karahi for a perfect mealtime experience.
Mix for balti style meat & tomato curry.
Easy to cook, hard to resist.
Red Chilli, Paprika, Salt, Brown Cardamom, Garlic, Coriander, Cinnamon, Clove, Mace, Nutmeg, Black Pepper, Cumin, Bay Leaf, Dehydrated Onion, Black Cumin, Citric Acid (E330), Carom, Papain
|Calories from fat|
|% Daily Value*|
|Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.|
May contain traces of Sulphite, Sesame, Mustard, Gluten and Tree Nuts.
Store in a cool and dry place.
Country of Origin:
Ingredients: Per 50g
Meat (1½ kg / 3.3 lbssmall cubes
Tomato 6-7 medium / 500gdiced
Garlic crushed 2 tablespoonsGinger Paste 1 tablespoon
Green Chillies 6 medium
Cilantro/Fresh Coriander Cilantro/Fresh Corianderchopped
Oil 1½ cups / 275 mButter ½ cup / 85g
Shan Karhai / Fry Gosht 1 packet
mix in ½ cup water
- Mix garlic, ginger paste and Shan Karahi Mix. Apply to meat and marinate for (Chicken 15 minutes, Goat/ Lamb/ Beef 1-2 hours +).
- Heat one cup oil and stir fry meat on high heat for 5-6 minutes. Add julienne ginger. Cover and cook on low heat until meat is tender (Chicken 10 minutes, Goat / Lamb / Beef 45 minutes).
- Separately heat ½ cup oil and add tomatoes. Cook on low heat until soft (5-6 minutes). Stir periodically.
- Add cooked tomatoes and green chillies to the cooked meat. On medium heat stir-fry meat until oil separates from masala. Stir constantly. If desired remove excessive oil. Add fresh coriander and butter. Stir fry and serve with hot naans.
Peshwari style Meat with Tomatoes
Beef/Chicken/Mutton - 1 1/2 kg small cubes. Tomatoes medium - 6, ripe & unripe cubed/500g. Green Chillies - 6 medium, whole. Garlic crushed - 1 1/2 tablespoons / 25g Ginger finely chopped - 5 tablespoons / 3" pieces / 40g Ghee/Oil/Butter - 2 cups / 350g Shan Karahi/Fry Gosht Curry Mix - One packet (use less for mild hot)
1. Place the meat in a small pot and add 2-3 cups of water, garlic, ginger and Shan Karahi Gosht Curry Mix. Cover and boil on low heat until the meat is tender. (When the meat is tender about a cup of liquid stock should remain in the pot).
2. In another pot heat ghee/oil and add tomatoes. Fry until half the juice of tomatoes has dried up (about 15 minutes.)
3. Add the cooked meat, stock and green chillies to the fried tomatoes. Cover and cook on high heat for 5 minutes, then for 10 minutes on low heat.
Garnish with lime juice and chopped green coriander. Serve delicious Shan Karahi Gosht with hot naans.
Serve 6-8 persons.
In the above ingredients;
add 4, medium quartered onions and 6 tablespoons lemon juice. Follow Step No. 1 of Karahi Gosht. Then heat ghee/butter add cooked meat, garlic and ginger. Fry for 5 minutes on high heat. Stir continuously. Add quartered tomatoes, quartered onions and whole green chillies. Cover and cook for 10 minutes, add lemon juice before serving.
The above details have been prepared to help you select suitable products. Products and their ingredients are liable to change.
You should always read the label before consuming or using the product and never rely solely on the information presented here.
For all other products, please contact the manufacturer, whose details will appear on the packaging or label. AOS is therefore unable to accept liability for any incorrect information.
You should also note that the picture / images show only our serving suggestions of how to serve or prepare your food – all accessories and additional items and/or ingredients pictured with the product you are purchasing are not included.
This information is supplied for your personal use only. It may not be reproduced in any way without the prior consent of AOS and due acknowledgement.