Simple steps for rehydrating it. Rinse the dried shiitake mushroom with cold water gently and place them in a bowl with warm water to soak for about 20 to 30 minutes until softened. Shiitake mushrooms is windly used in Asia cuisine , have a intense and earthy smell. When the mushrooms are dried, their guanylate content increases, boosting their umami flavor. The liquid from re-hydrated dried mushrooms is widely used to make dashi. Great addition for soups and stews, or slice the mushrooms add to stir-fries with vegetable and noodles.
Dried Winter Shiitake Mushrooms (100%) (Letinus edodes)
Features & details
- ✅ UMAMI: Umani in Japanese, in English we say savoury, meaty or delicious flavour. Shitake is often consumed dried rather than fresh. The drying process draws out the umami flavour by breaking down proteins into amino acids(glutamate).
- ✅ VEGAN: Suitable for Vegan and Vegetarians. Low fat and high fibre & protein
- ✅ PROTEIN & FIBRE: Dried shiitake mushroom is high in protein and dietary fibre.
- ✅ A KITCHEN CUPBOARD STAPLE: Shiitake mushroom is a staple ingredient of many popular recipes. It is easy to store, simple to use. Simply soak in water for a few minutes and ready to use. Perfect in soup, ramen broth and stir-fries.
- ✅ HOW TO PREPARE: Soak the dried shiitake mushroom in a bowel of water, soak for minimum 20 minutes until it is softened. The mushrooms should be at least double-sized. Drain the liquid, it can be used as stock.
Product information Shiitake 1kg
|Package Dimensions||53.1 x 40.9 x 9.8 cm; 1.04 Kilograms|
Wash and soak in warm water until preffered softness achieved.
Slice and cook with meat or vegetables.
Store in a Cool Dry Place. Once opened, consume within a week.