Organic Plain flour.
Organic - this general purpose white flour is milled from soft wheat varieties.
'We are passionate about home baking and also believe that what we eat today will effect our health tomorrow. As well as being a satisfying and rewarding activity, when you bake at home you can select the best quality, local and seasonal ingredients, and be certain of what has gone into your food. You and your family will enjoy great tasting home made food. We often double our recipe and when baked, freeze half to eat at a later date.
'In our mill we make a large range of flours from many different natural grains, beans & seeds without adding refined gluten or enzymes. We blend specific grain varieties to ensure that the resulting flour has the optimum characteristic for the type of baking it will be used for. This means soft wheat varieties for cakes, pastry and sauces or stronger hard wheat for bread making flours. The more unusual flours have distinctive characters and applications of their own. If you are on a special diet look out for those flours that suit your situation.
Wheat Flour (with added Calcium, Iron, Niacin, Thiamin).
|Typical Values||Per 100g|
|of which saturates||0.3g|
|of which sugars||0.1g|
|Typical Value||Per 100g|
|Energy||1478kJ / 349kcal|
|Of which Saturates||0.3g|
|Of which Sugars||0.1g|
Including Cereals containing Gluten, see ingredients in bold.
See ingredients in bold.
'We set up Doves Farm Foods to mill the organic grain we grow on our farm. As organic farmers, and like colleagues around the world, we follow international organic rules and are pleased that the standards do not permit genetic engineering. We rotate crops, grassland and livestock to develop natural soil fertility and to help wildlife conservation.'
At Doves Farm we make biscuits, cookies and a large range of bread, cake and speciality flours.
Organic, Expertly milled, fine white organic flour for pastry, scones, pancakes and sauces, Kosher - KLBD, Parve. Suitable for vegetarians.
Always cook flour before consumption.
To keep your flour at its best, roll down the top after use and store in a cool dry place.
For Best Before End: See packaging.
Plain Scones - Makes 6-8
Oven 220°C, Fan 200°C, 425°F, Gas 7
200g Doves Farm Organic Plain White Flour
4 tsp Baking powder
1 tbsp Sugar
150ml Milk, plus 1 tablespoon Flour for dusting
1. Dust a large baking tray with a little flour and pre-heat the oven.
2. Sieve the flour and baking powder into a bowl, add the sugar and blend together well.
3. Add the butter to the bowl and using a fork, blend everything together until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
4. Pour most of the milk into the bowl and stir to form a soft, slightly sticky dough. If this does not happen easily add the remaining milk.
5. Gather together the dough to form a soft, slightly sticky mass.
6. Lightly dust the worktop with flour, place the dough in the middle and lightly dust the top with flour.
7. Gently flatten the dough with your hands to 3cm/1 1/4” thick.
8. Press a round pastry cutter or upturned coffee cup into the dough to cut out circles.
9. Gather the off-cuts into a ball of dough, gently flatten and cut out further circles.
10. Brush the top of the scones with the tablespoon of milk.
11. Lift the dough circles onto the prepared baking tray.
12. Bake for 12-15 minutes until golden brown.
13. Transfer the scones to a wire rack cool.
Country of Origin:
Doves Farm Foods Ltd,
Unless expressly indicated in the product description, AOS Asian Online Superstore uk is not the manufacturer of the products sold on our website.
While we work to ensure that product information on our website is correct, manufacturers may alter their product information. Actual product packaging and materials may contain more and/or different information than shown on our website.
If you have any specific product queries, please contact the manufacturer. This notice does not affect your legal rights.
For medicinal products, content on our website is not intended to be used to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or health condition or to substitute advice given by medical practitioners, pharmacists or other licensed health care professionals. You should contact your health care provider immediately if you suspect that you have a medical problem.
You should always read the labels, warnings and instructions provided with the product before using or consuming it and not solely rely on the information presented on our website.